Measures and Definitions
Activities to comply with AML policy
The management of dashka.exchange service, understanding the public danger of crimes related to money laundering and financing of terrorist activities, has developed a set of organizational and legal measures in order to comply with the provisions of national legislation, as well as the requirements of the intergovernmental organization FATF.
AML/CTF Policy includes the following measures:
- Identification of clients and verification of their identity. To do this, dashka.exchange uses various methods, such as requesting documents, photos and videos;
- Monitoring customer transactions to detect suspicious transactions. If suspicious transactions are detected, dashka.exchange has the right to suspend the client’s transaction;
- Training dashka.exchange staff on AML/CTF rules and creating procedures for processing suspicious transactions.
KYC Policy includes the following measures:
- Collecting information about clients, including their personal data, source of income, etc.
- Verification and confirmation of client data through various sources;
- Assessing the risks associated with the client and taking appropriate measures to minimize these risks;
- Updating information about clients in accordance with changes in their personal data.
To determine such transactions, the dashka.exchange exchange service uses AML transaction verification services:
- Transactions exceeding 70% of the total risk may be frozen until fully verified;
- Transactions marked victim-report (this transaction is related to an official criminal case) are frozen until fully verified;
- The AML service approaches each case individually, based on many factors: the date of the transaction, the percentage of “dirty” funds at the address, whether it was “washed out” with a mixer, the risk of an emergency, etc.;
- Transactions marked “sanctions” or “mixer” may be frozen by the regulator indefinitely.
The exchange office is not responsible for refunds from the above dangerous sources!
In case of violation of the AML/CTF and KYC Policy, the service reserves the right to:
- Suspend transaction;
- Request from the user a photo or video with a document confirming the client’s identity (selfie);
- Request from the client a screenshot from the personal account wallet of the cryptocurrency withdrawal;
- Block the account and any transactions related to the client, transfer them to financial control authorities and/or law enforcement agencies at the place of registration of the service;
- Hold user funds until the incident is fully investigated;
- Return digital assets only to the details from which the transfer was made or switch to other details after a full check by the service’s security service, if it was possible to verify the legal origin of the client’s funds;
- Request from the client other materials and documents related to the exchange.
If the client does not provide the requested information and does not respond to service requests within 6 calendar months, the withheld funds will not be returned.